PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
Your use of this Site is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. By using this Site, you signify your assent to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of the following terms and conditions, you must not use this Site. Please note that these terms and conditions only pertain to your use of this Site. Additional terms and conditions apply to products and services which may be obtained through the use of this Site.
1. OWNERSHIP. This web site ("Site") is operated on behalf of and by Opticon Inc. ("Opticon"), and each of its modules, is the copyrighted property of Opticon and/or its various third party providers and distributors. Some of the content found on this Site may be owned by third party providers, partners and distributors. None of the content or data found on this Site may be reproduced, republished, distributed, sold, transferred, or modified without the express written permission of Opticon and/or its third party providers and distributors. In addition, the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this Site (collectively, the "Trademarks") are registered and common law Trademarks of Opticon, their respective affiliates, and various third parties. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Trademarks without the written permission of Opticon or such other party that may own the Trademarks.
2. USE OF SITE. This Site and the content provided in this Site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without the written permission of Opticon, except that you may download, display and print one copy of the materials presented on this Site on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial use only. Unauthorized use of this Site and/or the materials contained on this Site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials.
3. AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use this Site and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this Site. Parents or other adults using this Site to set up Accounts for their children understand and agree to be financially responsible for all uses of this Site by them and their children and those using user IDs and user passwords, and represent and warrant that such children are at least 13 years of age. In the event that Opticon or its various third party providers believe a user is under the age of 13, we will notify such user that they are not eligible to use the Site and will destroy any personally identifiable information collected from such user on the Site.
4. USER INFORMATION. You will provide information to Opticon information request process and to Opticon during the course of the use of the Site (the "User Information"). You represent and warrant: (1) that all User Information is accurate and complete at the time of registration, and (2) that User Information will be continuously updated such that the User Information shall at all times be current, accurate, and complete.
6. USER CONDUCT. You are solely responsible for all conduct and transmissions that take place under your user name and password. You represent, warrant and covenant that your use of the Site shall not:
7. SYSTEM INTEGRITY. Opticon makes reasonable commercial efforts to make the Site available, however, Opticon is not responsible for any service interruptions. You shall not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. You shall not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site infrastructure. Opticon will not be liable for any loss resulting from a cause over which it does not have direct control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
8. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY. OPTICON AND ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THIS SITE AND/OR ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. OPTICON AND ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS AND DISTRIBUTORS DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR DATA FOUND ON THIS SITE AND SUCH PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. OPTICON DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THIS SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTICON OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (I) ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR CONTENT FOUND HEREIN, (II) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COMPONENT OF THIS SITE), OR (III) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON PERFORMANCE BY OPTICON OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR DISTRIBUTORS, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES TO SUCH PARTIES OR ANY OTHER PARTY.
If, notwithstanding the foregoing, Opticon or any third party provider or distributor should be found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the above described functions or uses of this Site or its content, the liability of Opticon, and the third party providers and distributors shall in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the greater of (a) the subscription fee and service charge for accessing this Site, or (b) US$100.00. In its sole discretion, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to Opticon and without any liability whatsoever, Opticon at any time and without notice may terminate or restrict your access to any component of this Site. Some states do not allow limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
10. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall defend and indemnify Opticon and any third party providers and distributors and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by or on your behalf in excess of the liability described herein or by third parties as a result of your use of this Site.
11. LINKS. This Site contains links to other web sites which are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Opticon, its third party providers or distributors of the contents of such other web sites. None of Opticon or any third party provider or distributors shall be responsible for the content of any other web sites and make no representation or warranty regarding any other web sites or the contents or materials on such web sites. If you decide to access other web sites, you do so at your own risk.
12. RELATIONSHIP. The relationship between Opticon and you will be that of independent contractors, and neither of us nor any of our respective officers, agents or employees will be held or construed to be partners, joint ventures, fiduciaries, employees or agents of the other.
13. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York, United States of America, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the state of New York, United States of America, in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of this Site and this Agreement. Some states may not permit such a consent, so the foregoing may not apply to you.
14. ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign, convey, subcontract or delegate your rights, duties or obligations hereunder.
15. CHANGES TO SITE AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS. You acknowledge and agree that Opticon may change, modify, amend, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, at any time, without notice and without liability to you or to any third party. Further, Opticon reserves the right to impose limits on certain features of the Site, at any time, without notice and without liability to you or to any third party. Further, you acknowledge and agree that Opticon may amend any or all of the Terms and Conditions (including fees and transaction rules) at any time, at Opticon's sole discretion, without notice. Any amendment of the Terms and Conditions will be reflected on the Site. You are encouraged to periodically review the Terms and Conditions posted on the Site. Use of the Services and the Site constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions, including any amendments thereto. The Terms and Conditions were last revised on May 8, 2006.
16. ADDITIONAL TERMS. Additional terms and conditions apply to purchases of goods and services and other uses of portions of this Site, and you agree to abide by such other terms and conditions.
17. SEVERABILITY. These terms and conditions shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
18. HEADINGS. The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are included by convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms and Conditions.
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions, together with those incorporated herein or referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter, and may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications available on this Site.