The CRD3301B is a revision of the CRD3301 Bluetooth cradle and charger. It supports the OPR3301, OPI3301, and OPI-3301i. This version of cradle has a few differences from the original CRD3301 cradle:
- The CRD3301B no longer has dip-switches. The access hole and cover plate for the switches may still exist, but removing the plate will reveal no switches.
- The CRD3301B has a new label on the bottom which contains the OPTICON logo at the top, the PN: 13982.
- The CRD3301B uses OSE firmware (boot)
- It supports the OPR3301, OPI3301, and OPI-3301i.
- The cradle will interface to the PC via type supports RS - 232C and USB.
- The cradle will not receive enough power from only the USB connection. We recommend using the 6-volt power brick with the cradle for the best charging performance.
- The cradle supports RS232C communications into a COM port on the PC
- The cradle supports USB-HID (Keyboard) mode input to the PC
- The cradle supports USB-VCP/COM mode communication by creating a virtual COM port on the PC.
Interface identification is done automatically by monitoring the power of the interface.
- When changing the type of interface to be used, be sure to turn off the power, change the setting of the scanner's connection destination, and read the BD address. It may cause malfunctions such as incorrect connection or failure to send the barcode data correctly to the host.
- 9600 Baud - 8 Data bits, No Parity - 1 stop bit
- ACK/NAK Response: None
- CTS Timeout: Infinite
Follow the directions below to load firmware on to the CRD-3301B.
- Download the Firmware: OS, and Appload for this process available in the Software Downloads section. You may also need Opticon's USB Drivers, so please download those as well.
- Extract the CRD-3301B OS zip file, the Appload.zip file, and the USB Drivers Installer.zip file.
- Install the USB Drivers Installer by double-clicking the USB Drivers Installer.exe, which will start the install wizard. The default settings for the installer are fine in most cases so press Install, then ok until you are finished.
- Install Appload by double-clicking the 'Appload Setup.exe' file, which will start the install wizard. The defaults are fine in most cases, so keep clicking 'Next' until you are finished. Appload will launch at the end of the install process.
- Connect the CRD-3301B to your PC via the USB cable and make sure the power adaptor is plugged in as well.
Install the Firmware
- Launch Appload if it is not already running.
- We first need to choose the correct COM port. From the main Appload window, select 'Settings' > 'Port', then choose the port that says 'Opticon OPL/CRD USB Serial Port'.
- Now we can start downloading the OS. For the Firmware: OS you downloaded and extracted above, please choose 'File', then 'Download', then navigate to and select the file. You should see a progress indicator and the words 'Initializing IRdA' if this is working.
- When complete Appload will prompt you with a download complete message. When you see this message, the process is complete.
||Appload Is Opticon's multi-purpose firmware update utility. It is a Windows PC application that provides the capability to download firmware onto most Opticon products. It also contains a versatile terminal interface that allows serial communication to any serial port connected to the PC (be it RS232, USB-VCP or Bluetooth-SPP). Opticon products can be queried and configured in this manner.
||This is the Operating System firmware for the CRD-3301B. The program utility Appload (see above) is required for loading the OS onto the CRD-3301B.
|All-In-One PC Drivers
||USB-to-serial drivers installer package for 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows XP (32-bit only), Vista 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. This package contains four drivers. The first and fourth drivers are for the Opticon cradles. The second driver is for the OPN200x scanners along with many other Opticon products. The third driver is an ATEN driver for a popular RS232 <-> USB-VCP adapter. You can choose any of the drivers to install on the first screen of the installer program. *Note: Opticon USB Drivers may not install or operate correctly if FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) is enabled on your host computer*